Friday, January 1, 2010

No. 108

REUNION NEWS

Happy New Year!

Since this is the first day of a brand new year let me first give thanks to all of you for helping me and all the other classmates who lost parents, spouses, relatives and friends during '09 get through the pain and grief. It always amazes me that I'm still heavily involved in the lives of people i met nearly 35 years ago, but we are a special group and I think our bond just grows deeper as the years go on and on and on and on! :-)

So, many of you have been inquiring about how much it might cost to reconnect in the spring. The reunion committee have developed a pay schedule (see below). The early bird will save and therefore have more money to buy me drinks in May! :-)

The Reunion Committee wishes to thank all Class of 1980 members who have said “Yes” to returning to “Our Home by the Sea” for our 30th Reunion, May 7-9, 2010. We already have 65 confirmations!! To facilitate a smooth Reunion, we encourage you to take advantage of the Early Bird Registration Savings by registering between now and Feb. 15, 2010 (postmark deadline):

Individual Registration Fee

$190

Couples Registration Fee

$275

Registration fees between Feb. 16 and April 15, 2010 (postmark deadline) is:

Individual Registration Fee

$235

Couples Registration Fee

$325

Pre-registration will close on April 15, 2010. To avoid higher on-site registration fees, please register prior to April 15th. Your cooperation in pre-registering will assist the Reunion Committee’s planning efforts for the Class Gift, Alumni Picnic, Alumni Banquet, Strawberry Banks Social Bash, and the Sunday Farewell Brunch. The fee covers: alumni picnic and banquet; commemorative class gift, old school jam, commemorative booklet and dvd, class gift, gift bag, brunch, postage and photos.

All checks should be made payable to “1980 Reunion 2010 Registration”.

Please send your registration fees to:

Mr. Michael Byrd, 1908 Barrington Drive, Jonesboro, GA 30236

CLASS NEWS


Birthdays

Tom “TJ” Jones
, Jan. 2

Debbie Patterson Ashton, Jan. 2

Miki Turner, Jan. 3

Doreen Mills, Jan. 5

Michelle Hurd, Jan. 10

Evadney “Peaches” Rogers Key, Jan. 14

Kent White, Jan. 15

Paula Stewart Dickerson, Jan. 15

Al Green, Jan. 16

Rodney Dawson, Jan. 19

Marilyn Cain Gordon, Jan. 22


Bonita Layson, Feb. 1

Trudy Perry, Feb. 2

Janice Phillips, Feb. 2

Jan Johnson-Johnson, Feb. 6

Michael Byrd, Feb. 8

Tony Perry, Feb. 12

Sharon Ford-Bell, Feb. 13

Dennie Lathan, Feb. 17

Hamlet Herring, Feb. 18

Sandra Mugomba, Feb. 20

Dot Lee-Murray, Feb. 25


SHOUT OUTS

UBIQUITY!!! We had a Partay for my Divead!! I cannot express the comfort I felt when I saw the familiar faces of my Ubiquity sistahs and brothas. Thank you to the KAPPAs who showed up and showed out and shielded me when I most needed it during the service. I will NEVER, EVER forget all the love and support I felt from my classmates and other Hamptonians who were there for Divead and I. I am humbled by the experience.
Live every moment, taste every moment, love every moment, kiss every moment. I am blessed that Divead and I did that. That allows me to hang on. Thank you for all your prays, flowers, calls, and words of comfort.
Have a wonderful Holiday season,
Your Ubiquity Sistah
Margaret Adrian Colden

No comments:

Post a Comment